Casino Nova Scotia provides an entertainment experience to guests in a manner that encourages responsible gambling. As a socially responsible corporate citizen, Casino Nova Scotia is deeply committed to supporting a number of Responsible Gambling initiatives.
- Educating our employees about Responsible Gambling and providing them with the resources to help patrons in distress
- Providing information and assistance to our guests through Responsible Gambling literature and numerous Responsible Gambling programs
- Participating in industry-wide programs and initiatives to increase awareness nationally and in the community at large
- Supporting and participating in the Responsible Gambling Awareness Week
- Hosting Responsible Gambling Resource Centres which are located on-site at Casino Nova Scotia in Halifax and Sydney near the main lobbies. To find out more about the Centres visit yourbestbet.ca
- Contributing more than $1 million annually to the Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness to help provide services to those who may be experiencing issues related to gambling
- Maintaining RG Check accreditation with the Responsible Gambling Council of Canada since 2016.
If you would like to find out more about Responsible Gambling initiatives in Nova Scotia, check-out www.yourbestbet.ca
Voluntary Self-Exclusion at Casino Nova Scotia
The Voluntary Self-Exclusion (VSE) Program enables you to voluntarily exclude yourself from both Casino Nova Scotia properties (Halifax and Sydney). The Program is provided by Casino Nova Scotia and may be an important first step to getting your gambling under control.
This program was recently updated.
Information on the Voluntary Self Exclusion program can be found here.
Nova Scotia’s Gambling Support Network
Have concerns about your own or a someone else’s gambling?
The Gambling Support Network provides online and phone support for Nova Scotians and their families who may have gambling-related concerns. The services are free, confidential and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. 1-888-347-8888 or TTY access through 711 GamblingSupportNetwork.ca